Here at Roux we are on the look out for tomorrow’s big names – We are looking for riders to support, preferably up and coming riders who are starting to threaten the podium, but most of all riders who simply enjoy cycling.
Before we get into the “do’s and don’ts” of sponsorship requests and such, let’s cover what sponsorship is and what it’s all about.
Companies have one reason for sponsorship: advertising. It’s important to realize that as a sponsored rider you will become part of the face of the company you are riding for. When we hook one of our riders up with a bike or some gear, the idea is that the people around them are going to be influenced by them and go buy our products. These days the best way to do that is via the internet. The more videos, blog posts and social media posts you make, the more exposure the company will gain as a result of the sponsorship!
Still interested in being sponsored? Let’s cover the basics:
• Don’t send a request via Facebook or Twitter. Look up the correct email address to contact and reach us that way, or use our form below. It’s simple, more professional, and it makes sure that your message gets to the correct person in the company. If you can’t find the right email address, shoot us a message asking for the correct one.
• Wear a helmet. While some companies don’t require riders to buckle up, most do. Wearing a helmet shows that your take this sport seriously, and that you understand the risks.
• Spellcheck! Remember, you are asking to be the face of the company. If your writing is incoherent we have no reason to believe that you’ll represent us in a professional manner in the real world.
• Take a look at your competition. How does your riding ability compare?
• Look at the company. Usually a larger company will be able to give you more, while a smaller company is going to listen to your input more. It’s up to you to decide what you value most, we like to think at Roux we have some great kit and an open ear.
• Explain what separates you from the pack and makes you a better choice than the 50 other people that sent in an email the same day. If you’re not sure, then wait and figure it out before clicking send.
• Make sure to include your full name, where you live, age and any great race results or achievements. Any current or previous sponsors and if you have placed at any key events, and what events you plan on attending in the near future. This is all information we need to learn more about you!
• Now, just remember the easiest way to get sponsored is to just GO RIDE, and keep performing until someone notices you. It’s the most rewarding and puts you in the best situation with your sponsor. You can spend your time sending emails, or you can spend your time riding. If you are still reading this, stop and go ride (and wear a helmet)!
• Here’s the starting point to become one of our team riders:
• Must be at least 16-years old Must be riding for at least 2 year
• Must partake in your local riding community
• Promote a positive lifestyle
If you meet the above criteria please fill out the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
P.S. if you think sponsorship is going to change the way you ride or make you a better rider or make you push yourself harder…. you’re wrong. ride for fun, not for any other reason!